Yoga, Teen & Adult, Summer
This program is currently unavailable. Click here to view all of our current programs.
Yoga is an ancient practice uniting mind, body and spirit. With an emphasis on mindfulness and healthy living, our class incorporates yoga postures, breathing, relaxation and meditative techniques.
Different Levels of Yoga Offered
- Gentle Yoga: The pace of our Gentle Yoga class is geared to those looking for a class with less physically vigorous movement and an emphasis on stress reduction. A non-intimidating atmosphere allows participants to modify postures as necessary and cultivate a yoga practice that safely meets individual needs. Enjoy the benefits of yoga at a gentle pace!
- Hatha Yoga: This class incorporates yoga postures and yogic breathing, flowing at a moderate pace. In addition, relaxation and meditative techniques are infused in the class.
About The Instructor
- Teresa Iapaucci has more than 20 years health and fitness experience as fitness program director, Pilates studio manager, instructor, coach and personal trainer. She enthusiastically approaches wellness with the perspective that body and mind function as an integrated whole. She believes appropriate and enjoyable exercise opportunities await each individual. Teresa’s classes are known for being playful, healthful, rejuvenating, and renewing - they are never the same and never boring!
- Teresa's passion for fitness is rooted in the conviction that exercise and a healthy lifestyle enhance vitality and quality of life. She first joined the Northborough Rec. Dept. in 2000, teaching dance aerobics and flexible strength classes. In 2002, after completing certifications in Stott Pilates and Hatha Yoga, she began teaching Pilates and Yoga classes.
- Teresa holds a Master's degree from Simmons College and is an independently licensed clinical social worker. In this role she incorporates her experience promoting physical health with a resiliency and strengths-based approach to mental health and wellness. She is a registered yoga instructor (RYT 200) with the Yoga Alliance and has held certifications as a Stott Pilates Instructor, Johnny G. spinning instructor, AFFA group exercise instructor and ACE personal trainer.
- Originally from New Jersey, Teresa has lived in Northboro with her family the past 25 years. Her hobbies include cycling, camping, hiking, gardening, tennis and learning anything new!